The College of Family Physicians of Canada welcomes its 2021–2022 President and Board of Directors
(Mississauga, ON) The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) is pleased to announce the new President and Board of Directors for 2021–2022. Newley-elected CFPC President Dr. Brady Bouchard received his medical degree from the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia. Having grown up in Saskatchewan, Dr. Bouchard returned to Canada in 2013 to complete his family medicine residency in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. He received his Certification in the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) in 2015.
Dr. Bouchard has practised as a rural family physician in remote First Nations communities throughout British Columbia and Saskatchewan, and is now in full-time practice with a focus on addiction medicine, hospitalist care, and emergency medicine in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. During his first five years in practice he represented new-in-practice family physicians on various committees including the CFPC’s National Committee on Continuing Professional Development and the First Five Years in Family Practice. He also chaired the Saskatchewan College of Family Physicians’ First Five Years in Family Practice Committee.
Occupying numerous clinical leadership roles, Dr. Bouchard is the Northwest Area Family Medicine Department Lead and the Pandemic Site Lead for the Saskatchewan Health Authority. He fulfills various teaching roles including clinical supervisor and faculty adviser with the University of Saskatchewan Family Medicine Residency program.
Dr. Bouchard served as a Director-at-Large on the CFPC Board of Directors from 2017 to 2019, followed by terms as Secretary-Treasurer for 2019–2020 and President-Elect for 2020–2021.
The 2021–2022 CFPC Board of Directors:
- Brady Bouchard, MBBS, CCFP—President (2021–2022)
- Catherine Cervin, MD, CCFP, FCFP, MAEd—Past-President (2021–2022)
- Christie Newton, MD, CCFP, FCFP—President-Elect (2021–2022)
- Michael Green, MD, CCFP, MPH, FCFP, FCAHS—Secretary-Treasurer (2021–2022)
- Jean-Pierre Arseneau, MD, CCFP—Director-at-Large (2020–2023)
- Carrie Bernard, MD, MPH, CCFP, FCFP—Director-at-Large (2021–2024)
- Magaly Brodeur, MA, PhD, MD, CCFP —Director-at-Large (2021–2024)
- Sarah Cook, MD, CCFP, FCFP, CCPE, CHE—Director-at-Large (2020–2023)
- Amanda Condon, MD, CCFP, FCFP—Director-at-Large (2021–2024)
- Sarah Funnell, MD, MSc, CCFP, FRCPC—Director-at-Large (2020–2023)
- Marie Giroux, MD, CCFP, FCFP—Director-at-Large (2019–2022)
- Yan Yu, MD, MPP, MBA, CCFP—Director-at-Large (2019–2022)
- Francine Lemire, MD CM, CCFP, FCFP, CAE, ICD.D, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer (non-voting member)
About the College of Family Physicians of CanadaThe College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) is the professional organization that represents more than 40,000 members across the country. The College establishes the standards for and accredits postgraduate family medicine training in Canada’s 17 medical schools. It reviews and certifies continuing professional development programs and materials that enable family physicians to meet certification and licensing requirements. The CFPC provides high-quality services, supports family medicine teaching and research, and advocates on behalf of the specialty of family medicine, family physicians, and the patients they serve.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
905-629-0900 ext. 303