MiGroups: Sign in to win! MiGroups, the CFPC secured online platform with almost 5,000 members registered, is a place to get answers to tough questions, share experience and expertise, access tools and resources, and discover upcoming events. From October 1 to 15, 2020, you can enter a draw for a chance to win a pair of Beats by Dre headphones by registering to MiGroups. If you already have an account, simply log in and respond to the contest discussion in the College of Family Physicians of Canada group. If you don’t already have an account, sign up today!
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The College of Family Physicians of Canada’s MiGroups registration giveaway (the “Contest”) will run from October 1 at 12:00 p.m. ET until October 15, 2020 at 11:59 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. SPONSOR: The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC; the “Sponsor”) with headquarters located at 2630 Skymark Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5A4.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to members in good standing of the CFPC who are residents of Canada and who have reached the age of majority in their provinces or territories of residence. Employees, representatives, and agents of the Sponsor or of its, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of any of the foregoing, are not eligible. “Immediate family” refers to a person’s spouse, children, parents, and siblings, as applicable. Void where prohibited by law.
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. To enter, CFPC members must register to join MiGroups, a networking platform hosted by TimedRight. Existing members may also participate by replying to a discussion thread with a comment about their experience with the Member Interest Groups Section (MIGS) or MiGroups. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per person.
5. RANDOM DRAW, NOTIFICATION, AND CONFIRMATION OF THE WINNER: On October 16, 2020 at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Reasonable attempts will be made to contact the selected entrant by phone/email within five (5) business days of the draw. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (without aid or assistance), to be administered as part of the Declaration and Release form. Before being awarded a prize the selected entrant may be required to complete, sign, and return a Declaration and Release form, including a publicity release, where permitted by law, confirming compliance with the Official Rules and acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing the Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and any successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize. If the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, fails to sign the Declaration and Release form, cannot be contacted within five business days, or otherwise fails to comply with the Official Rules, they will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize and another entrant from among all remaining eligible entries may be drawn in accordance with the Official Rules. The winner must provide their desired shipping address, and the administrator will ship the Prize to the winner within five (5) business days of receiving the shipping address. The administrator will provide a tracking number if applicable.
6. PRIZE AND ODDS: There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) pair of Beats by Dre wireless headphones. The approximate value of the Prize is CAD $192.03.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable, and cannot be converted to cash, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. All taxes (if any) on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release the Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, advertising and promotional agencies, and any successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest and/or the Prize.
7. GENERAL: Subject to the jurisdiction in Quebec of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or to modify these Official Rules for any reason, including should unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, proper play, or conduct of the contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, delayed, misdirected, or garbled entries. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by the Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
In the event of a dispute the entry will be deemed to have been made by the “authorized account holder” of the established email or phone account associated with the account and entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system, including robotic or form-filling software, to enter or participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries submitted by anyone using such assistance. Proof of sending an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
9. DISPUTES: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the province of Ontario. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, entrants’ rights, and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario.
For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of the Contest in Quebec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
10. LIST: To obtain the name of the winner or a list of the winners, as applicable, up to 120 days after the conclusion of the Contest, send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: The College of Family Physicians of Canada, 2630 Skymark Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5A4. Please specify “winner list” and the name of the Contest.