New Toolkit: The Cold Standard 2.0 – A Toolkit for Using Antibiotics Wisely for the Management of Respiratory Tract Infections in Primary Care.
In response to members’ feedback, selected Using Antibiotics Wisely patient resources are now available in Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish. Select a link below to download a PDF resource.
- Antibiotics: Sorry (English)
- Antibiotics: Sorry (Simplified Chinese)
- Antibiotics: Sorry (Punjabi)
- Antibiotics: Sorry (Spanish)
Antibiotics: Three questions to ask your health care provider
- Antibiotics: Three questions to ask your health care provider (English)
- Antibiotics: Three questions to ask your health care provider (Simplified Chinese)
- Antibiotics: Three questions to ask your health care provider (Punjabi)
- Antibiotics: Three questions to ask your health care provider (Spanish)
Antibiotics: Delayed prescription
- Antibiotics: Delayed prescription (English)
- Antibiotics: Delayed prescription (Simplified Chinese)
- Antibiotics: Delayed prescription (Punjabi)
- Antibiotics: Delayed prescription (Spanish)
The translation of selected Using Antibiotics Wisely patient resources into languages other than English and French represents a pilot initiative of the CFPC. The CFPC has attempted to ensure the original materials in English have been translated accurately; in the event that there is any inconsistency between the English and other translated versions, the English version shall prevail.
You can also integrate the Viral Prescription Pad and Delayed Prescription Pad in your existing EMR. The e-forms and accompanying instructions were co-developed by OntarioMD and Choosing Wisely Canada in collaboration. For any questions related to these materials, please contact [email protected].
Patient resources for Using Antibiotics Wisely are now available in:
- Simplified Chinese
Multimedia Tool Kits
The College of Family Physicians (CFPC)/Choosing Wisely Canada multimedia-friendly tool kit equips health care providers with user-friendly videos, printable posters for their clinics, and printable infographics designed to facilitate informed discussions and give patients resources they can take home.
Using a Linking Learning to Practice exercise to document how a tool has had an impact on your practice can earn you five Mainpro+ certified credits! There is no maximum on the number of exercises you can submit. Visit Linking Learning to learn more.
- Opioid Wisely office poster
- Updated family medicine recommendations: Thirteen Things Physicians and Patients Should Question (opioid-specific recommendations)
For additional information please visit our project website.
This 10-minute educational video focuses on a number of common screening tests (vitamin D malabsorption, mammography, thyroid testing, etc.) to help inform dialogue between family physicians and their patients on appropriate testing.
- Rethinking the annual physical exam and screening tests
- Is more testing better? Six tests to rethink
- Combined Infographics
Please contact us at [email protected].